Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I Pledge Allegiance to Travel!

One of my favorite things to do is travel! It doesn't matter if its exploring a local town or traveling to another state. I love to see what our world has to offer, especially when I'm experiencing it with good company. I've decided that in my lifetime I want to go to all 50 states. I brought this up around the dinner table and we started to compile a list of states that we have gone to (for the record we only count states that we got out of the car and got something to eat in). I wanted to make a more definite list online some how of each of our travels because I knew the scrap paper we wrote it on was going to get lost or tossed eventually. I did a little searching and came across VisitedStatesMap.com where I was able to check the boxes for the states I've visited, and an image of the US with colored in states representing my travels came up on the screen. I saved the image and did the same process for Brian, Darren, Haley, and Christopher. If states are highlighted in yellow that means that person has lived in that particular state. 

Sarah's States Traveled: #11

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Florida.  


Brian's States Traveled: #12

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida.  


Christopher's States Traveled: #10

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,  Maryland, Tennessee, Virginia, and Florida. 


 Darren's States Traveled: #13

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire,New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, Missouri and Florida.  


Haley's States Traveled: #13

Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, California, New Mexico, and Nevada.


A year from now, I hopefully will be posting this again but with even more color! I hope to have a post comparing the countries we have traveled. I hope this post inspires you to to chart your travels!

"We Travel Not To Escape Life, But For Life To Not Escape Us!"


No comments:

Post a Comment