Monday, July 28, 2014

NJ Balloon Festival



Up, Up, and Away!

This past weekend the QuickChek NJ Festival of Ballooning took launch! My  family and I got up early and drove up to the Solberg Airport, Readington, NJ. It was a ten dollar fee parking fee and then we made our way to the entrance of the festival. The general admission adult tickets are $30 each the day of but when bought early it can be as low as $17 each.
I would just like to note that you are not permitted to bring coolers. bottles, or food into the festival. I understand this, however, I wish I would have been able to bring my water into the festival. Once we entered the festival we made our way through the path lined with tents and their vendors setting up. We found a spot on the grass, laid out the blanket, and got our cameras and iPhones ready.



Before I knew it the outstretched green space in front of me had hot air balloons taking form. The incredible balloons took flight and flew right over head. When we were finished capturing the balloons, and playing under the colorful hot air balloon sky we walked through the festival indulging in every free sample that came our way (there was A LOT).  There were amusement park rides for the kids and later in the day there were concerts. If you go all day or just for part of it, like we did, you are sure to have a great time! Check out www.balloonfestival.com for more information and to try to attend next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment