Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Random Act of Kindness #3

My 3rd Act of Kindness were these quirky bookmarks! One of my favorite parts of reading when I was a kid was the awesome bookmark that I carried with me to mark my page. I thought that if my kids had fun bookmarks they would be more inspired to read. All you need is some left over scrapbooking paper, scissors or a page trimmer, tape, a circle punch (if you have it) and pipe cleaners. First, you cut the papers into rectangles, I chose to have them all the same width, but thats just me. Then cut a long "U" shape in the middle. This is where the page would slide into the bookmark. As you can see a slipped a card into that slot to show the slit. Next you will need to pick out matching eyes and cut out 2 large circles, and 2 small circles for each bookmark. If you want to add pipe cleaners to the top of the bookmark, simple poke a hold in the top and pull the pipe cleaner through and fasten. 


After you make these super fun bookmarks you can drop them off at a local school, a day camp, give them to friends with kids, or bring them to your local library!


"The more you read the more things you know. The more that you learn the more places you'll go."

- Dr. Seuss 

No comments:

Post a Comment