Monday, June 2, 2014

Charity Miles


I asked myself "What is something that I do regularly that I can alter to make an impact on others?" I realized that even in the last two days I have been outside and exercising. I'm not talking heavy workouts but I am going on walks and bike rides and have really put some miles on my running shoes. 

So after a little research i found an app called Charity Miles. Essentially what this app does is it donates money to a charity of your choice (from the list provided) for every mile you walk, run, or bike. Bikers earn 10 cents per mile, walkers and runners earn 25 cents per mile. Corporate sponsors pledge that they will donate up to a certain amount of money to the charity if app users exercise.  I love this concept and believe it to be a Win Win. We as users are helping ourselves by getting fit and staying healthy while helping charities earn money at the same time!

I downloaded the Charity Miles free app and couldn't wait to get started! When I went for a bike ride down East Ave today I started by opening up the app, selecting Habitat for Humanity, and then selecting biking. As I rode my bike, the app tracked how far I biked and how long I was biking. When I returned home, I 'finished' the workout and was able to view my results. The app also keeps a log of all the workouts you complete. 

This app allows you to create a profile, share your workouts on your social media accounts, and even create teams! Anyone can join a team by entering in the unique hashtag. I created a team called #EastAveFitness

If you enjoy exercising and want to make a difference while working out I urge you to download this app and get started! If you despise exercising but want to give back, download this app and use this as your motivation to get fit! Join my team#EastAveFitness and together we can earn a lot of money for many different charities! 

Will you get fit for charity?

No comments:

Post a Comment