Friday, June 13, 2014

Making a Difference On a Rainy Day

This weather has been utterly unpredictable. I awoke this morning and peered out my window to see a foggy Bay Head before me. I got up and brushed my teeth to only be drawn back to the window due to the loud pounding noise I heard outside. Within an instant the weather went from gloomy to down pouring. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time mother nature has demonstrated her moods this week.

 I don't know about you but when dark clouds roll in I roll back under my covers and a Netflix marathon ensues. I do venture out of bed every once and a while (usually for chocolate). However, this week of weather unpredictability and a source of motivation within me has caused me to clean my room!? I know it is shocking and no one is more shocked about this than my parents. But its true, I have been actively cleaning and organizing which lead to a discovery that has inspired today's post. Yes, all I have done is talked about the weather but I assure you it gets better. I discovered.....broken headphones...A LOT of broken headphones!

This might seem silly, and you may wonder why I didn't just throw them away. But headphones, like many things can be RECYLCED. In the grand scheme of things 5 sets of broken headphones in a landfill might not seem like a big deal to you but I want to leave this earth better than I found it. I want to get in the habit of RECYCLING or DONATING to charities instead of simply tossing something away...and I hope you join me!


Thinksound is a headphone manufacturer that has set up a Recylce Program with Universal Recycling Technologies to help keep more valuable resources out of landfills. How it works is you will fill our a recylcing form, mail it with the broken headphones (any brand) to their offices in New Hampshire. Thinksound will take care of the recycling of the headphones and you will be rewarded for recycling with a coupon to purchase Thinksound headphones! For the form, mailing information and any questions you may have visit http://www.thinksound.com/recycle.php

I am going to recycle my headphones, are you!?


No comments:

Post a Comment